We want your flowers to last just as much as you do. Simply, follow these care instructions.
We’ve taken the first steps and have trimmed, cleaned, hydrated your roses and added special flower food to make sure your handcrafted box of floral arrangement lasts as long as possible.
Follow the steps below to maintain the longevity of your flowers. As a general tip, keep all flowers away from direct heat, sunlight and drafts.
- Please do not just pour water over the flowers or into the side of the box.
- To change the water carefully lift up the flowers from below and reach your hand into the box to pull out the plastic vase taking care not to spill any water inside the box.
- Empty the water from the internal vase, remove any excess foliage or leaves that may have fallen into the vase (this can cause bacteria to grow especially if they have fallen into the water) give it a quick wash and clean, and fill it with fresh water.
- Put the flowers back into the plastic vase and repeat this process every 2-3 days.
- Some roses will bloom faster than others. Remember, they’re all individuals, just like us. If you see any wilted blooms or bruised petals, remove them by cutting the stem from below the head or very gently pluck off the petal in question. Please don’t try to pull out an individual rose or remove the string tie from the bouquet as you might ruin the arrangement.
- It is important that your flowers are well maintained and that the water is kept clean.
Our elegance collection arrangements are prepared in Oasis floral foam that has been placed in our box liners.
- Do not remove your flowers from the box or the floral foam.
- Keep them hydrated by adding a cup of water every 2-3 days. This can be done by gently spreading the flowers and pouring the water in the centre of the arrangement.
- Do not add water directly on the roses or from the side of the box as it may leak in between liner and damage the box.
- The floral foam absorbs quite a bit of water. If you add too much water it will overflow and damage the box
- Some roses will bloom faster than others. Remember, they’re all individuals, just like us. If you see any wilted blooms or bruised petals, remove them by cutting the stem from below the head or very gently pluck off the petal in question.
- Enjoy your flowers!
Please note that each flower has a different life span. Most flowers will last anywhere from 7-10 days with proper care but others may not last as long. Some may also last longer.
If you have any questions regarding how to care for your flowers please contact us and we’d be happy to provide more information.